Friday, April 22, 2011

Haters?

Here's my question....why when people see me do they feel the need to tell me the million reasons why they can't work out?  Really?  I have 4 kids, work full-time, am going to school for a 2nd Master's degree and I have managed to make it a priority. 

This little rant is because of "Book Club" which I hosted at my house last night.  We have fondly labeled it "Booze Club" because we typically do more drinking than talking about the actual book.....

Anyway, there are 11 of us in this group and we get together about every 6 weeks.  There are 3 women who I don't see outside of book club.  They are not personal friends of mine, our kids are not in the same grade, whatever....we just don't connect.  These women always come in and immediately ask me how my running/working out is going and then, as soon as I've responded (usually with a pretty minimalistic answer), they go off with their litany of excuses as to why they can't run or workout.  I usually just nod and smile and kind of ignore them.

So last night, I wasn't drinking because I am doing this bootcamp challenge and eating clean for a month, just to see what kind of progress I can make.  Well, apparently this makes the 3 evil stepsisters angry and they started giving me crap about it.  I can ignore what they say, because I don't really care what they think about me anyway.  However, then a couple of my closest friends started joining in, saying that I was overdoing it and taking it too far.  I was really upset by this.  Shouldn't this be my choice? And if you're my friend, shouldn't you support me in it, even if that means I'm not drinking with you every night?  I'm still there, I'm still going out with them, I still call them and text them....I just don't eat what they eat or drink what they drink.  Is that so wrong? 

Then the evil stepsisters turned the conversation to how they all wanted to have tummy tucks and I almost lost it.  I wanted to pull up my shirt in the middle of my dining room and yell, "Look bitches, hard work and dedication....no surgery necessary!"  I really don't know if I can continue being with these people, even if it is only once every 6 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment