Thursday, March 24, 2011

Damn weather

I go through this every year....the weather gets nice in February and even though I know from 42 years of living in the Chicago area that this is absolutely, positively NOT going to last, I continue to get depressed when the nice weather goes away and the crappy weather returns.  So, sure enough, we had a couple of weeks of beautiful weather, I was able to run outside (which was incredible) and now it's snowing again and I just can't take it! 

So, in true form I start eating....and eating....and eating.  And yes, in the past 2 months I've managed to gain 4 lbs!  Yikes!  I had been avoiding the scale and telling myself that with all my recent increased mileage I would be fine even though I had gotten on the eating train and had missed all the stops.  Delusional....I recognize this.  When I stepped on the scale this morning I actually got back on after my shower thinking maybe it had been wrong the first time (Really?  What did I think was going to happen?).



Time to get off the eating train, stop making excuses, and start eating healthy again.  I guess this means giving up my nightly giant bowl of popcorn (oil-popped, with real butter added) that I recently started eating again, and my Ghirardelli dark chocolate caramel squares in my desk drawer that I have for "snacks."  I will get back on track!  I have to....my boot camp challenge starts in a week and a half and I don't want to start out having to lose the 4 lbs. I gained before I do anything else.  The plan is to eat fruits and veggies (and some protein -- either in the form of greek yogurt or go-tein) for a few days and try to get the cravings back under control and then I can go from there.  Ugh.....why can't this just be easy?

Fruits and veggies....good!!

Chocolate....bad. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment